24 weeks pregnant


I've been poorly again this week. I feel like a broken record saying it but it's intrinsically linked with my mood so it's almost a little disclaimer.

On a positive: it like we've found a car that we both like. We're going to do a swap on Sunday, so as long as nothing fails miserably before then we will be saying goodbye to the faithful truck & hello to the hopefully future faithful focus. I'm wondering if we shouldn't do an Ikea trip before then to buy something massive just for old times sake.

How far along? 24 weeks.
Measurement at waist: 84cm (+4)
Measurement at largest point: 92cm (+2)
Mood? I'm looking forward to this changing, but I'm afraid that there's nothing new to report. I'm moody a lot. Not moody crying, proper moody - like teenager moody. It's exhausting. I wonder how I ever managed it back then.
Symptoms: Bubbles in my ears. I can't remember if I've mentioned this already, but for some reason this has been happening again alot the past week & my hearing has been affected a lot by it. I'm also hungry all of the time.
Compulsions: I wasn't sure if I should put this as a compuslsion but as I have nothing else to report I thought I might as well: I don't want anyone in my personal space. I've become a little obsessive about it. I guess it's more of a "symptom" but it feels stronger than that - like I'm actively seeking ways to avoid being touched. Maybe that explains my bad moods - noone wants to be near someone cranky right?
Physical: Dry skin still. I'm trying a few new beauty products & will share them on 10 Minutes once I've tested them for long enough. Nothing incredible to report yet but I'm hopeful. My breasts have also grown considerable this last week. I'm no longer comfortable being bra-less which I remember disliking last pregnancy.
Fashion: Asside from fantasising about shopping post-pregnancy fashion hasn't played a bit part in my last week. Car took financial priority I suppose.
Cravings: Ice Cream again. I bought some Salted Caramel icecream for valentines night & there was just the right amount left over for me to have the day after. I woke up, NEEDING it, walked downstairs & was greeted by the empty tub on the kitchen counter & a sheepish-looking George. Wasn't my favourite person in the moment.
Sleep? Yes please.
Movement or Labour signs? Lots of wriggling. Aparently this is the last stage which baby can flip around so I guess there'll be less 'flutters' & more kicks from now.
Looking forward to: Being less cranky, getting our car & having happier skin.
How's Evelyn? She's great, happy & funny & so smart. She's learning a new word every day & toilet training is going well. Love her.

Search This Blog