Rosanna's 3 Month Update


This month has been a big month for Anna: She was Christened & has been rolling over as often as she possibly can. This age is when it starts getting interesting for me as a parent. There's more interaction & Anna is more sturdy. She's still gorgeous & cute, but she's also fun & that makes everything that much more enjoyable.

Age: 3 months
Weight/Length: I'm going to have to come back to this one tomorrow..
Sizes: 3-6 months for everything now. Apart from her sleeping bag, which is 6-12 months as the 0-6 is too short. Not really sure how that happened, it's possible they shrank in the wash..
Sleep&food: Anna's sleeps through most nights now & hasn't been sleeping in our room for the last three. Evelyn & Anna are sharing a room & will probably continue to do so for as long as we stay in this house. We have 3 bedrooms, but the third is significantly smaller than the other two & is better used as an office. I had been against the idea initially but I did a lot of reading about the benefits of sharing a room, asked Evelyn if she wanted to & finally got over myself when I saw how ecstatic she was at the idea. I think my main concern was that it's not "the done thing" in todays society, but as I don't conform to a lot of the standards I didn't find that too hard to forget about. In regards to meals; Anna generally has 3 cluster feeds for breakfast, elevenses, late lunch & 2 or 3 evening feeds. The times vary from day to day but they generally follow that pattern & she doesn't ever feed between 10PM & 5:30AM any more. 
Rosanna's favourite thing: Standing up, assisted of course but the girl can squat better than I can.
My favourite thing: Days out as a family. We were lucky enough to go to our lovely friends Sophie & Oscars wedding yesterday & it made me so happy to be able to share it with our girls. It was a really beautiful day.
Milestones: Giggling, rolling over (back to front, not front to back yet) & chatting. There are lots of squeals, oohs, ahhs etc & they're all lovely.
Best moment this month: The wedding was definitely up there & Anna's Christening was obviously hugely important to us. We're so grateful to everyone who came & especially happy that we were able to spend some time with my mormor & morfar who came over from Sweden especially.
What we've learnt: Formal breastfeeding appropriate clothing is generally bloody ugly.
Looking forward to: Hannah is expecting her baby at the end of the month so I'm really looking forward to meeting that little one. I'm also dabbling in the garden so I'm looking forward to doing more of that.
What I want to remember: How free both Anna & Evie are. They're not insecure or self conscious. They both just enjoy life. Evelyn is happiest outdoors dancing or running & Anna's face lights up when you take the time to talk just to her, or help her stand up. They're beautiful & they make me want to be a better person.


Search This Blog